Since 1998, I’ve worked in the high risk life insurance business, specializing in placing difficult and challenging life insurance policies for consumers, business owners, entertainers, athletes and people with difficult health issues, dangerous jobs or adventurous hobbies.
Life Insurance Underwriting Expertise
Prior to starting Life Insurance Advisors, I was a manager at brokerage firm where I learned high risk life insurance underwriting while working for the company that created the high risk life insurance market.
It’s a huge advantage over the typical agent who does not understand how underwriting works and doesn’t have the relationships with home office underwriters to negotiate coverage.
I’ve learned a few things since 1998 that I feel set me apart from my competition in terms of knowledge, experience and expertise, including:
- Training – I’ve learned high risk life insurance underwriting from the company that created the high risk life insurance market. In this position, I learned how to work with home office underwriters, how to negotiate underwriting offers, and how to present a case to underwriting in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Health Conditions – I’ve taken the time to learn about countless health conditions from an underwriting standpoint. I know the questions to ask you about your health, I know the likely outcome of underwriting when we speak, and know how to present your best case to underwriters. I continually improve my knowledge of health conditions.
- Underwriting Knowledge – I have acquired reinsurance manuals used by insurance companies. I maintain the underwriting guidelines of each company I work with, and have countless case studies and underwriting offers that I use to negotiate the best rates possible for you.
- Continuing Education – I take continuing education courses on a regular basis, with much of that focus being in the areas of underwriting and business owner life insurance.
- Articles – I’ve been featured in a number of articles by industry publications over the years due to my experience.
- Website Content – I wrote every page and article on this website based on years of experience. I’ve also written articles for major news publications, including this recent article for the life insurance industry’s #1 magazine about life insurance for diabetics.
- Underwriting Connections – I work with many underwriters at home offices where I spent years developing professional relationships. It allows me to better negotiate offers.
Underwriting by Niche
- Aviation – Private pilots, Fixed Wing, Helicopter, Agricultural, Emergency Services, Experimental Aircraft, Acrobatic, and Aviation Exclusions.
- Scuba Diving – Recreational, Diving Instructors, Technical Divers, Commercial and Salvage Divers
- Mountain Climbing – Trail, Mountain, Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Elevations to 25,000 feet.
- Racing – NASCAR Truck and Sprint Series Racers.
- Professional Athletes – NBA basketball players to cover professional contracts.
- High Net Worth – Life Insurance Involving Reinsurance Underwriting
- Estate Planning Cases – Survivorship policies, Premium Financed Life Insurance, Life Settlements.
- Business Cases – Executives, buy-sell, deferred comp, key person coverage, SBA Loan Collateral.
University of New Haven – Bachelor’s of Science – Accounting
Life and Health Insurance Licensed in 40+ States
Life Industry Involvement – I’ve been involved in many aspects of the life insurance business throughout my career, including:
NAILBA – National Association of Life Brokerage Agencies – Having served on the technology committee
Life Insurance Company Producer Panel – I was part of a select group of agents that made up this company’s producer panel, providing insight and ideas to management regarding the sale of insurance products and the use of technology in the sales of insurance.
IPipeline – User Research Group for iGo application product, term quote engine, life insurance technology.
I have a proven track record and relentless approach to helping people find the life insurance they need, no matter what the situation is. There’s no pressure, or obligation with my service. I’ll share the information you need in order to make an informed decision about life insurance, and my goal is to earn your business.