Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic disease that damages the myelin of central nervous system and to the nerve fibers themselves, damaging the transmission of nerve signals throughout the body.
Is Life Insurance Available if I Have MS?
Our expertise in high-risk life insurance underwriting ensures that you will get the best life insurance rate available to you. The type and amount of life insurance coverage available depends on your medical history as well as current health.
What Do Underwriters Look at When Underwriting MS?
- Date of diagnosis
- How often do you have episodes?
- What is the date of the last episode?
- Do you fully recover in between episodes?
- What symptoms do you have?
- Do you require assistance for daily living activities?
- How fast is the MS progressing?
- What is the level of disability? EDSS score if known
- Is there any history of depression?
- What medications do you take?
- What types of treatment have you received?
Underwriting Outcomes for People with MS