If you have GI problems and need life insurance, this guide will help you find life insurance based on your medical history.
This life insurance guide covers the following gastrointestinal issues:
- How will GI problems affect life insurance?
- Life Insurance by type of GI problem
- GI Underwriting Questions to Know
- Can I get life insurance if I was previously declined due to GI problems?
How will GI problems affect life insurance?
For many people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), the impact on life insurance is minimal.
Life insurers look at your overall health history, the type of digestive tract condition you have, time since diagnosis and treatment and your current health.
Life Insurance by Type of GI Problem
We have detailed guides for you with underwriting questions and pricing outcomes, advice and more.
The American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) website is a great patient resource for GI problems. We cover many of the most common gastrointestinal disorders here and continue to expand our coverage here.
Some of the conditions we cover include:
Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) of the large intestine.
It’s estimated that 900,000 Americans have ulcerative colitis with men and women affected equally.
People with ulcerative colitis may be asked to pay a higher premium depending on their symptoms which may range from mild to severe.
Read More: Ulcerative Colitis Life Insurance
Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel disease that may affect the digestive tract and gastrointestinal tract.
Approximately 700,000 Americans have Crohn’s disease.
Symptoms range from mild to severe and treatment may involve medications, surgery or both.
Read More: Crohn’s Disease Life Insurance
Life insurance with chronic hepatitis is a common health condition we encounter.
Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver that may cause symptoms such as loss of appetite, jaundice, and more serious cases can lead to scarring of the liver, also known as cirrhosis.
Our guide covers life insurance underwriting for Hepatitis “C” and Hepatitis “B” as well as other hepatic related conditions.
Read More: Hepatitis Life Insurance
Elevated Liver Functions
Also known as elevated liver enzymes, measures the enzymes in your blood.
Underwriters look for your ALT, AST, Bilirubin and other test results to determine what type of rates are available to you.
A liver biopsy may be required to determine the extent of liver damage.
Our guide to elevated liver enzymes covers causes of liver elevations, liver biopsy tests that determine the extent of liver damage and more.
Read More: Elevated Liver Enzymes Life Insurance
GI Underwriting Questions to Know
- What type of health issue do you have?
- When were you diagnosed?
- What type of treatment did you receive?
- When did your treatment begin and end?
- Were you cured or do you require ongoing treatment?
- What medications do you take?
- Do you have recurring symptoms? If yes, what are they?
- Is there any family history of your condition with parents or siblings?
- Have you been previously declined for life insurance? By what company?
Our approach to life insurance underwriting ensures that you receive accurate quotes from companies that understand your health issue.
- Your medical history to ensure that we understand your health history and current condition. If you have other health issues such as heart problems or cancer history, we’ll review those questions with you.
- Life insurers – Shopping includes reaching out to multiple companies on an anonymous basis to ensure that we cover the competitive companies available.
- Life insurance ratings and insurance quotes – You’ll know how each company will underwrite you and know what to expect in terms of pricing.
Can I get life insurance if I was previously declined due to GI problems?
It doesn’t matter if you were previously declined by other companies.
You may have simply applied to the wrong company the first time, but we’ll help you get to the right life insurer.
Life insurers that specialize in GI problems understand that you may have already been declined or rated for life insurance with another company.
The most important information for you to have at this point are the details of your medical history so we can shop effectively for you.
Which life insurance companies are best for GI issues?
The best type of life insurance policy for you will depend on the GI issue you have, the severity of the condition, treatment received and current health status.
Our service provides you with life insurance quotes from multiple companies to ensure you are matched with the best life insurance coverage and companies based on your health history.
The best option for most people will be a fully underwritten life insurance policy, although there may be some cases where a guaranteed issue policy or a no exam life insurance policy is your best option.
Our life insurance FAQs section will help you with the terms mentioned here.
Get a FREE, no pressure no obligation life insurance quote today.