When it comes to finding affordable life insurance with heart disease such as heart bypass, RiskQuoter.com has the the life insurance knowledge and expertise to get you covered.
Heart Bypass is part of our Heart Disease Underwriting section.
Heart Bypass Life Insurance Underwriting Overview
Each company has its own set of life insurance underwriting guidelines for heart bypass.
Some life insurance companies are more aggressive with their life insurance offers for heart bypass history than other life insurance companies.
We work for you, not the life insurance companies in order to find you the best possible life insurance rates based on your heart bypass history.
What is Heart Bypass and How Does it Affect Life Insurance Rates?
From a life insurance underwriting standpoint, heart bypass is a serious and complicated medical issue to work with.
Whenever you have a pre existing condition such as heart bypass history, life insurance underwriters are going to look at all of your medical records, heart procedures, follow-up tests such as heart stress tests, coronary artery angiograms, etc.
Life insurance underwriters will want to know the number of vessels involved with the heart bypass.
We know the underwriting questions that life insurance underwriters will ask, but even more important, we know what impaired risk life insurance underwriters are looking for after heart bypass surgery!
Your lifestyle AFTER Heart Bypass is the Number 1 concern for life insurance underwriters.
Impaired risk life insurance underwriters are looking for the following health improvements after heart bypass:
- Diet – Are you eating the right foods, avoiding foods that are high in fat and likely to cause re-stenosis of your heart vessels?
- Weight Loss – If you were overweight, your heart works harder to pump blood. Have you lost weight or are you on a weight loss program?
- Exercise – What steps are you taking to improve your health? Are you exercising now?
- Medications – If you have been prescribed medication such as blood pressure medication or cholesterol medication, are you taking it?
- Smoking – If yousmoked prior to heart bypass, you need to quit. If you still smoke after heart bypass, you arewasting your time trying to get life insurance.
- Physician’s Advice – Are you following your doctor’s orders? Life insurance underwriters look at heart bypass records more closely than any other health condition.
- If there are notes in your file indicating that you are not following doctor’s orders, it becomes more difficult to get you life insurance.
We’ll work with you to get your medical information in front of the most aggressive impaired risk life insurance companies. We’ll review your medical records to make sure there are no problems with them. We do this in order to put you in the best possible light with impaired risk life insurance underwriters….You only get one chance to make a first impression.
What to expect from Heart Bypass Life Insurance Underwriting
Life insurance underwriters will want to know when you had heart bypass, the number of vessels involved. Prior to having heart bypass, did you have a heart attack or other heart condition that resulted in the diagnosis requiring heart bypass….or was the heart bypass determined to be necessary as part of a cardiac workup?
Life insurance underwriters want to see any echocardiograms performed, as well as stress tests, EKG’s, etc.
After you have had heart bypass, life insurance companies want to see the follow-up tests such as a stress test. Life insurance companies are also looking for lifestyle changes where necessary such as diet changes, weight loss, smoking cessation, exercise, etc..
The more positive the lifestyle changes, the more favorable the outcome from a life insurance standpoint.
IMPORTANT To Note about Heart Bypass
We have a lot of clients that were mishandled by the previous life insurance agent due to the agent’s inexperience.
One of the most important things to remember about life insurance underwriting after Heart Bypass is the “postpone” period.
Many inexperienced insurance agents will rush their client back into underwriting immediately after Heart Bypass….that is a huge mistake, here’s why…
It is extremely important to show positive test results and improvements from heart bypass surgery BEFORE applying for new life insurance.
Typically, many life insurance companies will postpone underwriting you for a period of 6 months to 1 year, although there have been some instances where we have found life insurance for clients 3 months after heart bypass.