Don’t let a mental health issue stop you from finding life insurance.
The fact is millions of people face mental illness every day…
And many wrongly think that life insurance is not available.
We’ll show you how to get it.
We’ll give you everything you need to know in order to find affordable life insurance from companies that specialize in high risk life insurance underwriting.
This life insurance guide covers the following mental health topics:
- How does mental health affect life insurance?
- Life insurance by type of mental health illness
- Mental health underwriting questions to know
- Can I get life insurance if I was previously declined due to mental health issues?
How does mental health affect life insurance?
The type of mental health condition you have, the control of your condition and your compliance with your doctor’s orders will determine if mental illness will affect your life insurance.
When it comes to mental health life insurance underwriting, it is important that you fully disclose any health history, medications, inpatient or outpatient treatment.
Having a good support network of family and friends helps with underwriting.
If we provide information upfront, there is a much better possibility of a successful underwriting outcome.
When we have to explain things after the fact, underwriters are more difficult to deal with.
Life Insurance by Type of Mental Health Issue
Our guides are broken down by the type of mental health issue of interest to you.
Anxiety disorders are very common in life insurance underwriting.
Over 3 million Americans have an anxiety disorder and most are readily insurable with the right life insurers.
Read More: Anxiety Life Insurance
With bipolar, it’s important that life insurers see compliance with your physician’s advice.
Whether it’s bipolar 1 or bipolar 2, there are life insurance companies available to you.
Our guide provides detailed life insurance information for your review
Read More: Bipolar Life Insurance
Mental Health Underwriting Questions to Know
Mental health underwriting questions include the following:
- What is your exact diagnosis?
- When were you diagnosed with this condition?
- What medications and dosages do you take?
- Are you following the doctor’s orders for medications and office visits?
- How often do you visit with your physician?
- Have you been hospitalized for this health issue?
- If yes, all dates and reasons for hospitalizations are needed
- Do you have a stable support network of friends and family?
- Do you have any history of suicide attempts?
- If yes, details and dates will be needed.
- Are you currently on disability?
- Do you have any other medical problems? Details will be needed.
- Have you had any problems with motor vehicle violations, arrests, loss of employment, etc?
Don’t worry if you do not have all the details as we’ll work with the information you do have.
With mental health life insurance underwriting, the more detail that you can provide to us, the better off you’ll be with underwriters.
Underwriters take a conservative view when underwriting mental health.
By providing underwriters with an overall picture upfront, we’ll improve your chances for more affordable life insurance rates.
Can I get life insurance if I was previously declined due to a mental health issue?
Don’t let a previous decline stop you from finding affordable life insurance.
The fact is that many life insurance companies do a terrible job underwriting mental health issues.
If you end up with the wrong company, a life insurance table rating table may get added to your price or you could end up getting declined.
With our service, we use a quickquote process that allows us to check the market for you on an anonymous basis.
It takes a few days to figure out which life insurer will be best for you.
At that time, we’ll let you know what each carrier has to say in terms of underwriting and price.
A Final Thought
If you decide that you would like to apply, we’ll help you.
If you’re not interested, let us know and we’ll close your file.
There is never any pressure or obligation with our service.
Please take a few minutes to complete your quote request.