RiskQuoter.com Top 10 List of Health Impairments.
Out of a potential 700+ health impairments that we are aware of, below are the most common health problems we encounter in impaired risk life insurance underwriting.
Keep in mind that our results are from a life insurance standpoint and may not agree with the general population top 10 health problems.
- Heart Disease – Heart disease related health impairments are the most common health impairment for 2017. Whether it is hypertension, blood pressure issues, angioplasty, heart bypass, heart attacks, irregular heartbeats, or any other issue related to the heart, the number of life insurance quote requests we received for heart disease related issues was more than double any other health impairment we dealt with in 2017.
- Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes is the fastest growing health impairment for 2017. Impaired risk life insurance companies have all seen a spike in the number of type 2 diabetes cases they see. The good news is that life insurance underwriting for type 2 diabetes has become more aggressive and favorable as life insurance companies gain a better understanding. Type 1 diabetes is also a common health impairment we work with.
- Prostate Cancer – Prostate cancer life insurance history is one of our top specialties. We spend a lot of time marketing to prostate cancer survivors and have witnessed a substantial increase in the number of prostate life insurance cases in 2017.
- Depression and Mental Health Issues – Many times, depression may be just one of the health impairments we work with. Depression, Bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, etc. are always in our top 10 health impairment lists.
- Skin Cancer – Basal Cell Carcinoma has become such a common health impairment for life insurance companies, that most will offer their “preferred” life insurance rates as soon as treatment has been completed. In some cases, we have received “preferred best” offers. Unfortunately we have seen an increased number of malignant melanoma cases as well. Melanoma is more complicated and difficult to underwrite.
- Breast Cancer – Breast cancer is a health impairment that we see on a frequent basis. Until the last few years, impaired risk life insurance companies have been difficult to work with when we submitted breast cancer survivor cases to them. The good news is that a number of life insurance companies have become more aggressive in underwriting. For us, we have plans to greatly expand our advertising to breast cancer survivors as we believe that we are in a great position to help breast cancer survivors.
- Respiratory Disorders – We see a lot of asthma cases each year and have a number of life insurance companies that are aggressive and favorable to individuals with well controlled asthma. We have seen a greater number of COPD cases this year as well.
- Sleep Apnea – As the population becomes more overweight, and other health impairments such as diabetes and heart disease increase, we have seen a greater number of cases involving sleep apnea.
- Stroke – Strokes and TIA are common impaired risk life insurance issues that we deal with. As health treatment of TIA and strokes improve, we have a greater number of life insurance companies that are willing to work with you if you have had a stroke.
- Hepatitis – Hepatitis life insurance underwriting has become more aggressive over the past few years as the treatment for hepatitis improves. We have a number of impaired risk life insurance companies available that will consider insureds if they have had Hepatitis.
We work with life insurance underwriters at many of the top life insurance companies in America. If you have any of the top ten health problems in America, the good news is that if you have a health impairment, there are a number of life insurance companies available to help you get the life insurance you need.
We understand health impairments from a life insurance underwriting standpoint. We know the concerns that life insurance underwriters have, and know the questions to ask you about your health history.
We do this in order to put you in the best possible light with the underwriters….You only get one chance to make a first impression. Let us help you get the life insurance you need.
Take the time to get a hassle free term life insurance quote today
There is never any obligation or pressure with our service. We’ll give you the information you need in order to make an informed decision about your life insurance.
Would you rather discuss your request?
Please call us at Toll Free (800) 909-2040 today. Thank you.