Applying for life insurance is a lengthy process, and one of the biggest sources of frustration for life insurance consumers is when they apply thinking they will receive one rate, only to be approved at a more expensive rate.
After you have reviewed your life insurance options, if Metlife is the answer for you and you are quoted their Elite Plus life insurance rate, only 10-15% of applicants will qualify for the Elite Plus rate class.
Like most life insurance companies, Metlife reserves their Elite Plus rate class for the healthiest of all life insurance candidates.
Here’s what you need to know if applying for Metlife’s Elite Plus rate class:
- Blood Pressure – Your blood pressure must be 130/80 or better. If you are age 55 or older, Met allows your BP to be as high as 135/85. If you take blood pressure medication, Metlife will not give you this rate class.
- Cholesterol – Up to age 54 = 200 or less; for ages 55-69 =210 or less. Above age 69 cholesterol must be in the 150-210 range. Your cholesterol ratio for any age needs to be 4.5 or less. Cholesterol medication is okay with Metlife.
- Family History – No death of parents or siblings from heart disease or cancer prior to age 60 for parents, age 65 for siblings.
- Tobacco Use – No tobacco use of any kind for at least 60 months.
- Driving History – No DUI convictions in past 5 years, no more than 1 moving violation in past 3 years.
- Build Charts – You must meet Metlife’s build charts in order to receive the Elite Plus rate class.
Keep in mind that only a small percentage of life insurance applicants will qualify for the elite plus life insurance rates that insurance companies offer. If you are even slightly over the above guidelines, you will not get this rate class as the life insurance companies are very protective about holding applicants to these guidelines.
There is never any pressure or obligation with our service. You’ll get the information you need in order to make an informed decision about your life insurance. Thank you!