Underwriting criteria for life insurance companies changes on a regular basis. Always check with the insurance company for the most recent guidelines.
In order for you to qualify for AXA’s most competitive Preferred Elite life insurance underwriting class, you need to meet their underwriting criteria, including:
- Cholesterol – Total cholesterol of 220 or less with a 5.0 cholesterol ratio OR you need a total cholesterol of 240 or less if your cholesterol ratio is 4.5 or less. Cholesterol medications are ok.
- Tobacco Use – No tobacco use within past 5 years
- No history of Alcohol or Substance Abuse
- No medical history of heart disease or cancer
- Blood Pressure readings must be 140/85 or better. No blood pressure medications allowed.
- Family History – No parents or siblings death prior to age 65 from heart disease, cancer or cerebral vascular disease.
- No DUI’s in past 5 years.
- Build – Subject to build charts and maximum BMI of 28.
The majority of life insurance applicants will not qualify for preferred elite life insurance rates. AXA also offers the following underwriting classes:
Preferred non-tobacco life insurance rates
Standard Plus non-tobacco life insurance rates
Preferred Tobacco life insurance rates